Durable, Elegant, and versatile ceramic tile is a popular design feature for floor mating. It has been using as a floor design since ancient times. It’s astounding longevity, ease of maintenance and sleek appearance has made it suitable for all kinds of floors. It also adds value and style to the home.
But the durability of a ceramic tile floor largely depends on its proper caring and maintenance. Ceramic tiles floors add beauty and distinctive style to your home. Like all others special flooring, ceramic tile floors also need specific care and maintenance to look at best at all times.
Maintaining ceramic tile floors is not very tough. It requires only some proper care so that it can remain in sparkling and smooth shape for many years in spite of being heavy used.
Best way to clean ceramic tile floors
To clean ceramic tile floors, you just have to know the best way to clean ceramic tile floors. To have your an efficient cleaning, I am going to bring up here some best and proven way of ceramic tile floors cleaning which I have experienced during last few years as a cleaning expert.
In fact, you will get a proper and practical guideline on ceramic tile cleaning to clean and protect your ceramic tiled surfaces. Hopefully, you will also all the answers that you are looking for.
How to Clean Ceramic Tile
Ceramic is a tough material as it is composed of sand, natural clay and water. After mixing all elements, it is fired then in a kiln to have a great density and hardness.
So, it is naturally resistant to general wear-and-tear and stains. But in spite being so resistant, ceramic surfaces may get damaged or become dull, if you do not properly care them. For proper caring of ceramic tile, you can maintain the following steps:
- Accumulated grime and dirt can dam the surface which will turn into the grout eventually;
- The tiles can become stain and discolor if the spills are left unclean for a long time;
- You can Use ammonia or bleach on the ceramic tile surfaces to remove stain the grout;
- Do not Scrub too hard or use abrasive cleaning products. They can scratch your tile and can cause to lose their luster even. You have to treat your ceramic tile with a very soft hand at the time of cleaning.
- Considering the above fact, I highly recommend you to do the following:
- Deal with any spills immediately. Don’t wait when you notice them.
- Dust, mop, wipe and sweep tiled areas regularly
- Choose the right ceramic tile cleaners to have the perfect look of your ceramic tile floor.
- Be sure that your ceramic tile floors shine with cleanness all times.
Things to Consider: You can use the following products for daily maintenance of your tiles:
- Warm water
- A bit of mild detergent
- Distilled vinegar
- Baking soda
The later two will help you in removing tougher stains and make your tiles long lasting.
How to Clean Ceramic Tile Floors
The best and easy way to clean ceramic tile floors is quite simple. In fact, if you just follow the below-mentioned steps, you will surely be successful.
- To remove loose debris and particles from the floor, just simply Sweep or vacuum them.
- Make sure that you are using a soft head attachment or a soft brush broom of the vacuum cleaner. If it is hard, it may cause of remaining scratch on the floor.
- Use a dry duster on the floor. It will help you to clean up the accumulated dust. If you do not use a dry duster on your floor, it may turn to mud being moisture;
- Make a mixture of a cup of white vinegar and gallon of warm water. This will completely dissolve grease and water stains.
- Mop the floor with clean, hot water. And let it air dry.
Things to Consider
If it causes any stubborn stains at the time of cleaning ceramic tile floors, make a paste of baking soda with water and then apply it to the stains spots. You can also sprinkle only some soda on the floor. Use a cloth or a soft brush scrub the stains away.
How to Clean Ceramic Tile Grout
Your ceramic tile floors may look very sleek and shiny, but only a moldy or dirty grout can make your entire floor look grimy and unkempt. Keeping the grout fresh and clean is, no doubt quite a challenge.
Grout locks the tiles tight. Keep water out to provide a furnished look to your tile floor. Sealing the grout can also protect you from it being noticeable.
You can also Scrub the grout along with a stiff brush and hot water. These are enough to keep the grout in good condition.
But if it is in very bad condition or if it needs deeper cleaning or if it is in stubborn stains, you will have to go through one of the following options:
- Use baking soda paste to the stained grout
- Use hydrogen peroxide solution to the stained grout
- Scrub with a toothbrush or a small nylon brush,
- Rinse them well;
- Use any commercially prepared grout cleaner
- Rinse with clean water after using such commercial grout cleaner ;
- Use permanent color to the grout
- Create a seal;
Hopefully, you have got a clear idea now about cleaning ceramic tile floor. Believe me, these are the best way to clean ceramic tile floor I have ever experienced. So, never skip any of these ways of ceramic tile floor cleaning and then you will surely be successful.